Welcome to CaSiAn: A Tool for Calcium Signalling Analysis
CaSiAn is an open source software implemented with java language that provides a graphical user interface allowing biologists to easily process a large amount of calcium signals, tune peak detection parameters for each signal, examine detected peaks/nadirs and access the quantified characteristics of calcium spikes in form of excel or text files for further analysis.
- Simple to install: Installing CaSiAn requiers Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 or later.
- User-friendly graphical user interface.
- Fast, easy and precisely extracting calcium signal features.
- Support output files *.txt, *.xls, *.dat and *.csv.
- CaSiAn can be installed on the Mac, Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Server 64-bit version.
License and citation
CaSiAn is open source or, more specifically, free software. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (LGPL), which permits use in proprietary applications. CaSiAn uses Jfreechart library for displaying different plots. Jfreechart is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence (LGPL), which permits use in proprietary applications.
If you use (parts of) this software in your research, please cite our publication:
Moein et al. (2018), CaSiAn: a Calcium Signaling Analyzer tool (Bioinformatics, bty281, open access)
The executable (.jar) file of CaSiAn software is available here.
An example data set for testing CaSiAn is available here.
A alpha version of CaSiAn that allows for background removal for the 2 fluorescent channels of a ratiometric dye is available here.
How do I get started?
- Read the Getting started tutorial.
If you need more information, please contact email@example.com.