The aim of the Responsible and Reproducible Research (R3) initiative at the LCSB is to raise research quality and increase the overall reproducibility of scientific results. This is achieved through state-of-the-art infrastructure and software, GDPR-compliant data processes and data handling methods, systematic support of FAIR principles, as well as platforms and tools that enable high-quality scientific computing. The research publication workflow is standardized by structuring data, capturing lab protocols and experimental methods in electronic lab notebooks, source code versioning, workflow management, and freezing the project states for reproduction via virtualization technologies.
The R3 initiative is built on five pillars: the R3 PATHFINDER, the R3 SCHOOL, the R3 ACCELERATOR, R3 PRE-PUBLICATION CHECK (PPC), and R3 DATA.
- Based on individual consultations, the R3 PATHFINDER program helps the individual groups of LCSB to follow best practices.
- The R3 SCHOOL includes courses and learning materials on data protection, version control, and scientific computing.
- The R3 ACCELERATOR aims at supporting more mature projects with strong R3 components that can be further boosted in their level of quality and reproducibility.
- The R3 PRE-PUBLICATION CHECK (PPC), provides state-of-art pre-review, support and feedback for the publication efforts at LCSB.
- R3 DATA further supports data stewardship and data management activities at LCSB.
Additionally, in the R3 CLINIC, scientists and researchers receive hands-on support to push the boundaries with their individual projects. You can ask for R³ CLINIC support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The R³-managed or R³-supported tools for LCSB researchers are listed on a separate page.
Top row (from left): Vilem Ded, Miroslav Kratochvíl, Ronan Tremoureux, and Laurent Heirendt. Bottom row (from left): Marina Popleteeva, Jenny Tran, Kaan Çimir.